Top Ten Thursday - Spring


Welcome back to Top Ten Thursday!


During the month of April I - and others - were posting every day for the 2018 A-Z Blogging Challenge, so we were taking a break from Top Ten Thursday - today we're back, and we're doing spring post! 

Top ten things we love about (this) spring! I'm feeling a bit irritated these days, so allow me to combine the love with some reservation:
  1. It doesn't get dark till almost 9pm which makes the commute from summer off-ice hockey practice that resumed this week less painful. It also means that our neighbor kids are running wild until then and later. Makes it hard for us to insist on school night routines.
  2. Pollen: not allergic, but not a fan either. Our entire house is covered in the finest yellow dust! Do I look like I want to clean all day? Same goes for the car.
  3. Speaking of car: summer tire appointment: check and done.
  4. Top down season is upon us: every convertible that has been covered in a garage all winter long is on the road again enjoying a splendid clear view!
  5. Which requires worrying about hats and sun block.
  6. Tired, oh so tired. Longer days trick us into thinking we also got the energy to back up all the activities we are want to be doing. 
  7. A - Z came and went. My theme was travel, I blogged about destinations from A is for Amsterdam through Z is for Zug. Maybe this has to do with the fact that I want to take a nap all week.
  8. Blooms and flowers everywhere. Really pretty and uplifting!
  9. Asparagus, strawberries and other produce are back in the fridge.
  10. I feel like spring encourages people to try and do (new) things. As for me, a friend and I will attend a Mexican cooking class this Saturday - you know, it being cinco de Mayo and all. Fajjitas and margaritas, here we come!


How are you feeling this spring? Let me know in the comments down below or link up your own post using the linky-tool.

What's next?


May 10 it's time for another Mother's Day post. Last year we talked about our shifting roles as the kids get older. This year let's list the top ten things a Mom and / or significant other wants on the other 364 days of the year that make her life easier. Sign up here.




The theme for May 17 is Circus: don't overthink: what are ten things that come to your mind when you hear "Circus"? Sign up here.





Comments